With an unspoiled shoreline, lush rolling hills and indigenous flora have all come together to define the Zimbali Coastal Resort. Zimbali is set along South Africa’s magnificent east coast, just below Ballito and nestled between the forest reserve and Indian ocean. This resorts exquisite beauty is complemented by pockets of urban flair and renowned eco parks. You can enjoy all of this at the Fairmont Zimbali Resort which takes comfort and elegance to a new level.
There are 154 very well-appointed rooms all of which offer breath taking views of the Indian Ocean. The over-sized verandas give you that sense of space, with the elegance decor of stone, wood and earth tones inspired by the area’s natural surroundings.
Room and suite selections
- 46 Deluxe Rooms
- 41 Deluxe Sea View Rooms
- 26 Junior Suites
- 4 Deluxe One-Bedroom Suites
- 10 Seaview Suites
- 20 Deluxe Garden Rooms
- 5 Deluxe Garden Suites
- 1 Penthouse Suite
- 1 Presidential Suite
Guest Room Amenities and Features
- Spectacular Indian Ocean views
- High-speed Internet access
- Large, luxurious bathtubs
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Food and Beverage Choices
Fairmont Zimbali Resort’s range of appetizing dining options from light to full-course meals, local delicacies to ethnic themed dishes will satisfy every palate.
- The Coral Tree – Coral Tree is renowned for its attractive cuisine and themed buffets. Be spoilt for choice with our extensive menu, offering something different every day of the week. An indulgent experience, even for the most refined of palates.
- Dalchini – Our lobby lounge offers specialty teas and coffees, including strong African roasts and Fairmont teas.
- 31 Degrees – Sip signature cocktails in the vibrant ambiance of our lobby bar.
- Delicacy – Grab a high-end coffee, or a deli sandwich or salad to go.
- Bite – Bask in the easy, poolside style of this unique burger bar.
- OSA – OSA is an innovative Asian fusion restaurant in Ballito that serves sushi, seafood, curry and prime South African grain-fed cuts, wet aged to perfection. The contemporary fashionable dishes are paired with wine from some of the most sought after vineyards in South Africa, you can be sure that your taste buds will be tingling in anticipation. The unrivaled and eclectic mix of leather, velvet and black granite floors sets the stage for a dining experience second to none. In recognition of the outstanding wine list OSA & Vinum was awarded with a Diners Club International Platinum award.
- Vinum – Vinum bar offers a wide selection of South African wines and an exciting selection of tapas-style bar food.
- Ayoba – Ayoba Restaurant makes meal times and every other time in-between a fiesta of Mexican flavours. Choose from a selection of traditional fare, sip on a frozen Margarita and let your tastebuds salsa to the bright, bold taste of Mexico.
- Ma khaza – A beach-club bar with a cool, casual cocktail mood, one that flows seamlessly into the evening.
A visit to our Willow Stream Spa, with 8 treatment and steam rooms, promises a respite that will leave you soothed, pampered and revitalized.
We offer fitness facilities, and several swimming pools throughout the property.